That is a question that that has always linger on my mind. The answers that I’ve provide you with are from my experience on different trips.
A lens can make or mar your image in terms of the quality of the image. I continuously advise people to get the best lens that are affordable because a lens with great qualities will produce improved images with great quality.
The principal factors to be considered when considering buying lens for travel shooting are;
- Weight – Because of the incessant haulage your camera kit might go through during travel either by road or airplane, you should consider buying a light weight lens because you will need to restrict the number of lens you pack in your luggage.
- Versatility – Travel photography poses to be very challenging and quite dynamic. This is because you might want to take pictures from different angles and positions. Depending on your destination and the form of photographs you’re taking you’ll in all likelihood need a lens that is flexible and offers you quite a number focal lengths.
- Lens velocity – one of the factors that many travelling photographer complain about after a journey is that when the sun went down their picture fineness also went down. No matter where you are travelling to, it is advised that you go with the fastest lens for travel shooting.
Recommended lens for travel shooting
- Lens 1 – Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS
This lens is a little expensive, you might need to increase your budget in order to get this it. This lens for travel shooting has a lot of properties that makes it one of the best for travel photography.
- The quality of the image produced from this lens is super dope and notorious for its zooming ability.
- It has a wide focal length and suitable for a diverse conditions
- Its image stabilization(IS) property allows you to handhold shots at 2 tops faster than normal
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Though it is as costly as the canon EF24-105mm f/4 IS and of same weight, however faster. So if you’re mostly shooting at low light conditions and you are not bothered about losing the top focal length, then it may be perfect choice for you for travel photography.
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM – This is cheaper option but you stand the risk of losing image quality. It comes with a longer focal length, and image stabilization (IS) . It’s has a reduced weight and size compared to other in its series.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens – This final suggested lens isn’t very pricey as the earlier mentioned ones. It is a very cheap lens and one of the most affordable lens for travel shooting you will come across. Whilst this lens isn’t as great as a matter of its size and weight. It is however faster than the lens mentioned in the list. With it you can shoot at low altitudes when you use your image stabilization.
Anytime you are travelling and want to shoot, check your needs very well and choose from the list of lens for travel shooting for a wonderful experience.